Friday, September 25, 2009

Rotterdam

So I made my train after some help from the ticket agent and now I am in Rotterdam and staying at a wonderful little Hostel called the Room Hostel, its has themed rooms and has a great atmosphere, compared with the StayOkay hostel OI was just in this is wonderful. When I had first arrived there was a possibility that they were full up but I was told to come back in an hour so I walked around and found a little cafe and had a nice pizza and coke for lunch and then went back and the Hostel had an opening. Unfortunately all the places I planned on visiting close at 5 pm and it was already 3 so I just plan on kicking it at the Hostel and they are having a concert so I may go to that and they also have a happy hour around the same time. I also met a really cool guy at the last Hostel called Ben, he was a really cool dude and he originally came from SF (San Francisco) and he really travels a lot, he has been traveling for 2 months or so now and he had been all around the world. I was pretty surprised that he had even been to Mali, he had apparently came up from Africa to England before I met him in the Netherlands. He was really cool and apparently couch surfs a lot and really suggested it to me heartily.
Anyway tomorrow I'm gonna hit some of the museums around the area, mostly art and theres also a maritime museum.

Now a quick gripe at AAA
I brought along two travel books, well three but I had to send one home already not it seems I will be sending another back. The first book is really great, A Rough Guide to Europe on a Budget, it has been great for finding activities and for the most part useful at getting me to hostels. The second book is the AAA Travel book for Europe which I only brought along because my mom suggested it, turns out I was right. I have been recently trying to use it for cross reference to try and find any more activities I think I would enjoy. My first gripe is that it only lists several cities for each country (most likely done to keep the book smaller) and these are usually the I cities (for example London for Britain) and so far these have been somewhat incomplete as far as I am concerned. The book does not have Versailles for France nor does it have The Globe Theater for London. Anyway that book is probably going back to home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment