Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Trains

so today was the big move from the mainland out to England, for the most part it has gone well. I got my ticket in the morning and while the train was somewaht consufung and I made it on. I had a 2 hour layover in Brussels where I had a sandwich and a cup of coco. After that I hopped onto the second train from Brussels to London and was happy to find myself in a city where I felt equally lost as the others mbut could count on people to be speaking my language. At this point I did not know how I was meeting my contact in London. So at Waterloo station I asked where I could find a Cyber cafe and went in to find that the Email said if I arrived at Waterloo before 5:30 I should try and make it to New Maldan (the place I will be staying if you could not guess). So I hopped ona train that would get me there and I arrived 10 minutes too late since my host had to go to work. After that I made my way to the cyber cafe I am currently at and I am hoping to pass a little time before grabbing some dinner and meeting with my host at around 7:30 when she gets back from work.
It seems that I have really bad luck with trains and what not, I allways seem to manage to miss the train or not know where to go, like I said earlier its relief when you know everyone around you speaks the language you do. I really cant wait to get lost in somewhere like spain or Greece where I dont know ANYTHING about the language. Anyway I;m signing off for now but I will update later with how the meeting goes.

1 comment:

  1. You really do seem to have bad luck with trains! Whats up with that?

    ReplyDelete